At World Challenge we believe that life skills are developed through real life experience.
We believe that everyone has a mission or calling within them and that if young people are encouraged to chase their dreams, they’ll achieve great things.
World Challenge works in partnership with schools to deliver life changing, developmental expeditions for students, as a means of developing crucial life skills, such as leadership, teamwork, self awareness and compassion.
Founded in 1987, World Challenge is the original school expeditions company. No other company has come close to organising as many expeditions as we have. Our experience means that schools benefit from a level of safety and service that is unrivalled.
At the heart of what we do lies our ethos:
When students are stretched beyond their comfort zones, learning outcomes are more powerful. As they overcome adversity, adapt to new environments and begin to understand their strengths and weaknesses, students will develop the ability to successfully manage problems.
We encourage student ownership of the whole experience. Months before they depart on expedition, the students plan and prepare as a team during the carefully crafted pre-expedition program.
Students develop life skills in:
- Problem solving
- Global awareness and responsibility
- Budgeting and money-management
- Goal setting and achievement
Over the duration of their expedition, students will learn to become more environmentally aware by exploring diverse landscapes, cities and rural towns. They will also develop an appreciation for other cultures and gain a broader global perspective.
STUDENT EXPEDITIONS TO OVER 40 DESTINATIONS AROUND THE WORLD!
WE ARE ONE OF THE WORLD’S LEADING STUDENT EXPEDITION COMPANIES
- Over 25 years’ experience of creating school expeditions
- Dedicated regional support for teachers throughout planning and build up
- Unparalleled safety and support throughout the expedition
- Knowledgeable, experienced and highly trained Expedition Leaders
NEW TO WORLD CHALLENGE?
Every World Challenge starts long before your students step on a plane. With our support, develop life skills and take ownership of:
- Destination and itinerary planning
- Fundraising ideas and events
- Budgeting and money management
- Preparation, fitness and nutrition
Get in touch with one of our consultants to start planning your overseas school expedition today!